Light, fluffy, lemon-infused cake donuts bursting with fresh blueberries and topped with a zesty lemon glaze.
Lemon Blueberry Donuts
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Resting Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 7 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to Make Baked Lemon Blueberry Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare donut pan with cooking spray, as needed.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, sugar, eggs, oil, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla and blend using a hand or stand mixer.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, continuing to mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir blueberries into batter by hand, then spoon batter into your prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to glaze.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place a piece of foil under the wire rack with the donuts to catch any glaze. Pour glaze directly from the bowl onto the donuts until well coated.
- Finish with a sprinkle of lemon zest while glaze is still wet.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!