This pasta tastes like spring!
Lemon Asparagus Chicken Pasta
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered if large
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into half moons
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice.
- To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine.
- Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!