To make a Keto Friendly fried chicken we skipped the flour and went for pork rinds and Parmesan. Almond flour helps adhere everything together as well for a perfectly crisp chicken. We also baked this chicken to skip all of the unnecessary oil but it still bakes into a chicken breast that you would swear was fried. Feel free to use thighs or drumsticks as well, just know the bake time will be longer!
Keto Fried Chicken
Yields: 6 – 8 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
For the chicken
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 4 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. almond flour
- 1 1/2 c. finely crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
For the spicy mayo
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream. In another shallow bowl, combine almond flour, pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture and then in almond flour mixture, pressing to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot sauce. Add more hot sauce depending on preferred spiciness level.
- Serve chicken warm with dipping sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!