Simple and easy method for how to make perfectly juicy and deliciously seasoned oven baked chicken breasts.
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups lukewarm water about 90 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
CHICKEN SEASONING BLEND
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional – chicken will have absorbed some of the salt from the salted water)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl combine lukewarm water and salt; stir and pour over chicken breasts. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also also cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the Chicken Seasoning Blend.
- Combine salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, and dried parsley in a small bowl; using a fork, stir around the seasonings until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour out the salt water and rinse each chicken breasts under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and rub the olive oil all over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend evenly over the chicken breasts on all sides. You don’t have to use the entire seasoning blend; use as much as you like.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 22 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Thinner breasts will need less time, thicker breasts might need a little more time in the oven. Start checking for doneness at the 20 minute mark.
- For a browned, crispy top, set your oven to broil on high for the final 4 minutes and broil the chicken until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken breasts to a serving plate.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!