Tender baked chicken breasts are so JUICY and full flavoured! Forget dry chicken with our simple and easy winning recipe. Deliciously seasoned before being baked in the oven until golden with mouthwatering crisp edges!
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breast
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 16 MINS
TOTAL: 26 MINS
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 heaping tablespoon light brown sugar FOR KETO: use brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (or chili powder) for an extra kick. OPTIONAL
- 4 large chicken breasts (7oz | 200g each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F | 220°C (standard ovens) or 390°F | 200°C (fan forced or convection ovens).
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each chicken breast to 0.8-inch | 2cm at the thickest part. Make sure your fillets are all the same thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Combine sugar, paprika, oregano, salt, powders and pepper(s).
- Line a baking pan with parchment (or baking) paper. Transfer chicken to the pan and toss chicken in the seasoning. Drizzle with the oil and rub seasoning all over to evenly coat.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F (75°C) using a meat thermometer. It should be golden with crisp edges.*
- For crispier chicken, change your oven setting to broil (or grill in Aus/UK) on high during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking until golden.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer chicken to serving plates and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- OPTIONAL STEP: While chicken is in the oven, melt butter in a small skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds), and remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, then pour butter mixture into pan juices, stirring well to combine all of the flavours together.
- To serve, drizzle pan juices over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!