Perfect melt in your mouth Lemon Cookies. If you love anything lemon then you are going to love these easy buttery Italian Cookies.
Italian Lemon Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (162 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch (50 grams)
- zest & juice of one lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup +2 tablespoons butter (softened)* (185 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 grams)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (strained)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (180 grams)
- 1 zest lemon
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, zest and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat on medium speed the butter and sugar until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Then add half the flour and the lemon juice beat to combine. Then add the remaining flour and with a wooden spoon or spatula combine to form a dough (the dough will be a little sticky, if the dough is too sticky then add 1-2 tablespoons of flour).
- Transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper and roll the dough into a log approximately 1 1/2 inches (4cm) wide. Wrap the dough in the parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) slices. Place the slices on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 320F (120C).
- Bake the cookies for 5 minutes, then raise the oven temperature to 350F (180C) and continue to bake for 9-10 minutes. The should be light gold in colour. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies can be either dusted with powdered sugar or spread with a lemon glaze. Enjoy!
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, powdered sugar and zest until smooth.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!