Customize this versatile skillet with your favorite vegetables!
Italian Chicken Skillet
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 oz. (14-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly torn basil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until slightly charred, 3 minutes more, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with oregano.
- Add broth and crushed tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and top with sauce and vegetables.
- Garnish with basil before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!