The Instant Pot makes perfectly tender and juicy chicken. The salsa verde makes it extremely flavorful and could be subbed out for regular salsa as well.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
YIELDS: 6 – 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 4 lb. bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 (15-oz.) jar tomatillo salsa
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in Instant pot and pour in salsa. Sprinkle oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over chicken.
- Seal lid and turn steam valve to sealing position. Set to Pressure Cook on High and set timer to 15 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid. Remove chicken and transfer to a plate, leaving broth in the pot.
- Let chicken cool slightly, then shred the meat and discard the bones. Stir in about 3/4 cup of broth from pot for flavor and moisture.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!