I make this easy chicken recipe whenever I need a quick meal on the table everyone will love. The main reason I enjoy this recipe so much? The chicken can cook from frozen if you forgot to defrost it – something that regularly happens to me, and recipes lkike this one save me on those days.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs (I used bone-in, skin-on)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cream OR milk OR water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Brown meat: Set instant pot to sauté. Add oil to pot and add thighs skin-side down. Cook, in batches if needed, until golden and crisp. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Remove chicken from pot.
- Start sauce: Add onion and garlic to pot and cook until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, herbs and seasoning. Stir, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Pressure cook: Place chicken thighs back in the instant pot. Secure lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing”. Choose “pressure cook” (or “manual”) and “high” for 12 minutes. Naturally release pressure after cooking time is up (just switch off the instant pot and leave it alone until pressure is gone).
- Finish sauce: Carefully remove thighs. Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Pour cornstarch slurry into pot, stir well and simmer until sauce has thickened. Stir in butter until melted and serve sauce over chicken.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!