Having no time to make dinner doesn’t mean it has to be boring. This Instant Pot chicken is easy and will have you sitting down in no time. The honey garlic glaze is simply addicting and you’ll be scraping every last drop out of the pot!
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken, skin side down and cook until golden, about 3 minutes then flip and cook 3 minutes more. Work in batches as necessary. Turn Instant Pot off of Sauté function.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ¼ cup olive oil, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, lime juice, green onions, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Place all chicken in Instant Pot and pour sauce over. Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is completely before, unlocking and removing lid. Using tongs, remove chicken from Instant Pot and set on plate to keep warm.
- Ladle out about ¼ cup of sauce from Instant Pot and whisk in cornstarch. Pour liquid back into Instant Pot and set to Sauté function. Let sauce simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve over rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!