This chicken is so ridiculously juicy, you won’t ever want to roast your chicken in the oven. Feel free to mix and match veggies: sweet potato, bell peppers, or fennel would all be delicious substitutes!
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Roast
YIELDS: 3 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINS
- 1 (3-lb.) whole chicken
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and halved
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 carrot, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Turn on the Instant Pot, then choose the Sauté program and the Normal setting. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place the lemon and rosemary in the cavity.
- Once the Instant Pot has come up to temperature, add oil. Lower chicken into the pot and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and add potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, then add broth.
- Return chicken to pot and close the lid and the vent, then choose the Manual program and set the pressure to High or use the Poultry setting. Set the timer for 25 minutes. Once 25 minutes is up, naturally release the pressure for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from instant pot. Slice chicken, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!