This is hands down the BEST Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes recipe you’ll ever try. Juicy ranch-seasoned chicken breast and parmesan potatoes cooked in 30 minutes in your pressure cooker – it doesn’t get easier than this!
Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds baby red or gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons dry Ranch seasoning divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl toss chicken and potatoes in the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Stir together garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, and 2 tablespoons of the Ranch seasoning. Sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes, tossing to distribute the ingredients as evenly as possible.
- Add chicken broth to the instant pot/pressure cooker, then place chicken in the broth, and top with the potatoes. Place the lid on in the locked position and turn the vent to the sealed position. Set pressure cooker to “pressure cook” for 15 minutes.
- Once the cook time is finished, do a “quick release” by turning the vent to the venting position. Once float valve has dropped, remove the lid. Drain the pressure cooker or use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken and potatoes to a large platter.
- Sprinkle with Ranch seasoning and parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped thyme or parsley if desired before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!