ice cream sandwich cake made with ice cream sandwiches, cookies and cream ice cream, and a crushed oreo whipped cream topping!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Chilling Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 18 regular vanilla ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped
- 1 container (48 ounces or 3 pints) cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed to room temperature
- 6-8 regular Oreo cookies
- Line an 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper or foil (important for bar removal and slicing into bars). Pull out the ice cream to barely soften, you don’t want the ice cream to get melty or too soft.
- Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches. Press 9 sandwiches into the bottom. You’ll need to cut 2 down a little for them to fit (see pictures in post).
- With a large spoon, spread half of the ice cream over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Press 9 more sandwiches on top. Spread remaining ice cream over the sandwiches, pressing firmly down. Cover tightly and place in the freezer until layers are firm, about 1 hour.
- Right before eating, spread the whipped topping over everything. Crush oreos and sprinkle on top.
- Cut and serve.
- Immediately return any leftovers, covered tightly, to the freezer. Best enjoyed the same day it’s made (the whipped cream becomes icy as it’s frozen)
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!