Take this Honey Bun Spice Cake to potlucks and make all the friends! Spice cake layered with a brown sugar-cinnamon swirl and topped with a silky glaze is irresistible!
Honey Bun Spice Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
For the Cake
- 18 ounce box spice cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 13×9 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil until well-incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon until well-blended.
- Pour half of the cake batter into your greased pan, spreading it out into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture evenly on top of the batter. Pour the remaining batter on top and spread evenly. Top the cake with the rest of the brown sugar-cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make the glaze: in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Immediately pour over the cake when it’s done baking, tilting the pan if necessary to coat evenly.
- Let the cake sit for a few minutes so the glaze can set and serve warm or at room temperature. And enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!