This hearty and healthy chicken vegetable soup is perfect for chilly days! Packed with vegetables and easy to make on the stove or your Instant Pot.
Hearty chicken vegetable soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , finely diced
- 4 celery sticks , finely diced
- 3 carrots , peeled and cubed
- 1 large potato , peeled and cubed
- 150 g | 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme or Italian seasoning
- 1.4 litres | 6 cups hot chicken stock (broth)
- 900 g | 2 lbs chicken tenders (mini chicken breasts)
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 zucchini (courgette), cubed
- 150 g | scant 1 cup sweet corn (from a small tin, drained)
- 150 g | 1/2 cup fregola or risoni pasta
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley , chopped, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper to season
- A little graded Parmesan to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, potato and squash, stir in the salt and herbs and sauté over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a low simmer.
- Add the chicken and stir in the tomato paste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the zucchini (courgette), corn, pasta and lemon juice and cook for 10-13 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Take the soup off the heat and remove the chicken using tongs.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and return to the pot.
- Stir in the parsley. Taste the soup and season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges on the side, sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan if you like.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!