Healthy Yogurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake is a quick, freezer-friendly breakfast idea. No mixer required! Made with old fashioned rolled oats, whole wheat flour, honey, Greek yogurt and lots of blueberries, this breakfast cake is so moist, soft and bursting with juicy blueberries.
Healthy Yogurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 8 x 8 inches pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. You can line the pan with parchment paper leaving large overhang the sides so you can lift the cake from the pan easily.
- First, in a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Next, in a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla, honey and melted coconut oil.
- Then, add liquid ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Finally, gently fold in blueberries and pour the batter in prepared pan, smooth the top and bake 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top starts browning too quickly, loosely tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool 20 minutes in the pan, then transfer on a rack and cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!