Delicious healthy carrot cake cookies bursting with coconut, raisins and pecans. These naturally sweetened carrot cake oatmeal cookies taste just like the carrot cake you know and love but are healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast!
Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 9 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 19 MINS
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl mix together coconut oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined; next fold in shredded carrots. Add in flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in oats, coconut, pecans, and raisins.
- Use a small cookie scoop and drop by tablespoonful on prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hand. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, almond milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Drizzle a tiny bit over cookies, then let dry. Makes about 18 cookies.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!