This satisfying casserole has ALL of your fall favorites. Make it for a big crowd, or pack it up and eat the leftovers for lunch! It’s a meal prep DREAM. Don’t forget to rate and comment below!
Harvest Chicken Casserole
Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 0 mins
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for baking dish
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 6 c. cooked wild rice
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with oil. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1″ pieces.
- Heat another tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Place cooked rice in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, cranberries, cooked vegetables, and remaining 1/4 cup broth. Top with almonds and bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!