If you’re short on spices, taco seasoning is a perfectly good substitute! Also, if you live for spice, add a chopped jalapeño to the guac mixture for some added heat.
Guac Stuffed Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 4 boneless, skinless antibiotic free chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, stir together salt, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and cumin. Coat chicken with oil and rub all over with spice mix.
- In a large bowl, stir together avocado, lime juice, garlic, red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and stuff with guacamole mixture. Secure pocket closed with toothpicks.
- Bake until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°, about 25 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!