This grilled chicken will have you saying “Olé!”
Grilled Salsa Verde Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 1 jar salsa verde, divided
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Monterey jack
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup salsa verde, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. (Reserve about ½ cup salsa verde for basting chicken and ½ cup for serving.) Add chicken and toss until fully coated in mixture. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, then add chicken and cook for 6 minutes. Flip chicken, brushing each breast with more salsa verde, and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of Monterey Jack, jalapeño and red onion, then cover grill and cook until the cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes more.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!