Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Vegetables in Foil is such an easy recipe! Tender chicken covered in BBQ sauce and cooked on the grill inside foil packs!
Grilled Barbecue Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packs
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 8 aluminum foil sheets large enough to wrap around one chicken breast
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2- cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 zucchini , sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red , green or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 asparagus spears
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- For each foil pack, prepare two sheets of aluminum foil; place the sheets one on top of the other for durability.
- Place one chicken breast on each stacked pair of foil sheets; season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 to 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Divide equally and arrange vegetables around each chicken breast; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle chicken and vegetables with little olive oil.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Transfer foil packets to the preheated grill rack and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done, turning once.
- Chicken is done when thermometer reads 165 F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes.
IF COOKING IN THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare chicken as directed above.
- Seal the packets closed and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Brush with more barbecue sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!