A classic carrot cake recipe that moist, easy and fresh carrots and cream cheese frosting.
Grandma Barb’s Carrot Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups carrots grated see note
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour 3 round cake pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together oil, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in carrots. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Baked for 15-18 minutes or until moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted into the center. Do not over bake. The cake will continue cooking as it cools.
- Once cooled frost with cream cheese frosting and top with pecans (if desired)
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!