The words “gluten-free” tend to conjure up the feeling of a sandstorm whipping around in my mouth. It’s unpleasant, to say the least. So why would I want to ever eat a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie? Because, depending on who you ask, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are even better than the OG.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINS
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Fold almond mixture into butter mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- For cookies that hold better shape when baked, chill dough for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden and center is just set, 10 to 12 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!