Gingerbread and sugar cookies collide in this sweet and delicious gingerbread cake roll.
Gingerbread Roll With Sugar Cookie Buttercream
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 eggs room temperature and separated
- 1 Tbs butter melted
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup International Delight® Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 10″x15″ jelly roll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl beat your egg yolks until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in your butter, molasses and honey.
- In another bowl beat your egg whites until they start to become frothy, then slowly add your sugar in while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is incorporated. Fold into your egg yolk mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves until blended and stir into your wet mixture until combined.
- Pour into jelly roll pan and spread out.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cake springs back when touched, remove from oven and let cool slightly in pan.
- Meanwhile, place a kitchen towel on counter top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Remove cake from pan and place on top of powdered sugar, peel off the parchment paper.
- Gently roll your cake up in the towel starting at the short end, once rolled, set aside to cool completely.
- To make your buttercream in bowl beat together your butter and shortening.
- Add your powdered sugar one cup at a time until combined, slowly add your International Delight® Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer until you reach your desired consistency.
- Once cake has cooled, unroll and spread with buttercream, roll back up and place on serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!