When you have a sauce this good you make any excuse to make it. Luckily, this chicken dinner is extremely easy to make. The chicken cooks in the bacon grease to keep it extra flavorful. It’s perfect for company or just a comforting meal for a night in.
Garlicky Creamed Corn Chicken
YIELDS: 3 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 c. frozen corn
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. To same skillet, add chicken and cook until no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on plate. Drain excess grease from pan.
- Melt butter in skillet and add garlic and thyme. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened, 2 minutes. Add corn and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook until warmed through, 5 minutes.
- Top with bacon and more thyme to serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!