You might think bourbon is just for drinking—but we love it for cooking, too. Bourbon chicken is one of the easiest ways to cook up chicken thighs on a weeknight.
Garlicky Bourbon Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 40 MINS
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry with paper towels
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 c. bourbon
- 2 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon each butter and oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken skin-side down until golden, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to skillet and let melt. Add garlic and onions and cook until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add bourbon and chicken broth and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and return chicken skin side up. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add peas to skillet and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!