Ahh fried chicken strips take us right back to our childhood. This homemade version makes the tenders so much better and is honestly just what makes us feel better about eating them as an adult.
Fried Chicken Strips
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 45 MINS
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.), sliced into 1/2″ strips
- 1 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Set up a breading station: Place breadcrumbs, eggs, and flour in 3 separate shallow bowls. Whisk garlic powder into eggs. Season breadcrumbs generously with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken strips in flour, then dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, back in egg, then back in breadcrumbs.
- In a large dutch oven, heat 2″ oil to 325°. Set a rack over a baking sheet and line with paper towels.
- Fry chicken, in batches, turning once, until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of each piece registers 160°, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to prepared rack and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!