Fresh Ginger and Pear Cake ~ this buttery breakfast cake is lightly spiced with fresh ginger and cardamom, and topped with fresh juicy pears.
Fresh Ginger and Pear Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp grated fresh ginger, about a 3 inch piece of ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2-3 ripe pears, sliced
- A couple tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
- Set oven to 350F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, letting each become fully incorporated.
- Add the baking powder, salt, ginger, and cardamom, and mix briefly to combine.
- Add the flour, and mix to combine, alternating with the Greek yogurt.
- Give the mixture a final stir by hand to make sure everything is evenly incorporated, and spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- Arrange your pear slices on top of the cake, pushing them into the batter very slightly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the cake is puffed and starting to turn golden on top.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the springform pan. Continue to cool on a baking rack, and dust with powdered sugar when completely cooled.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!