The best part about this flourless cake is that it doesn’t require any flour alternatives. It’s just the perfect cake that happens to have zero flour. Cocoa powder and eggs give it all the lift and structure it needs. It’s the perfect thing to bake for your Valentine or for yourself on a Wednesday night.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
YIELDS: 10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1/4 c. hot water
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process)
FOR THE GANACHE
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Make cake: Place a small saucepan filled halfway with water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering pot. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Turn off heat and remove bowl from saucepan.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Add sugar and espresso to melted chocolate and whisk until completely combined then add eggs and whisk to combine. Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and bake until just set in the middle and a thin crust forms, about 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes, then remove sides of springform pan. Let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make ganache: Place heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl then pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 1 minute, then whisk to combine.
- Pour ganache over cake and smooth with an offset spatula. Place in refrigerator until set, 10 minutes.
- Serve with raspberries.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!