Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. This easy, savory chicken dish has become a staple in my home. As this simmers, your kitchen will be filled with an intoxicating sweet and sour aroma that will leave you anxious to eat.
Filipino Adobo Chicken
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks, on the bone
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce, use gluten-free soy sauce for GF and coconut aminos for Paleo
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small head of garlic, crushed
- 6 ground peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Marinate chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeño and pepper, for at least an hour (overnight is ideal).
- Put chicken, 1/2 cup water, bay leaves and marinade into a deep nonstick skillet and cook on medium-low heat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces.
- Discard bay leaves and serve over rice if you wish.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!