These strawberry turnovers are filled with sweet strawberries in a buttery, flaky puff pastry.
Easy Strawberry Turnovers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- sprinkle of flour
- 1 egg white
FOR THE GLAZE
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan on medium low heat add the strawberries, water, sugar and cornstarch and mix. Cooke 3-4 minutes and using a potato masher or fork smash the strawberries a bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and lay out the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin or cup roll out the creases in the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry into four large squares.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry filling into the middle of the squares.
- Fold the corner over to form a triangle. Using a fork crimp the edges to seal.
- Transfer the turnovers to a baking sheet and brush the top with the egg whites. Using a small knife make to small slit in the top.
- Bake 15 minutes
FOR THE GLAZE
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix and add the rest of the milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Let turnovers cool 5 minutes then using s spoon drizzle over the top.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!