This easy Lemon Raspberry Cake is topped with delicious streusel and filled with juicy raspberries! Your guests will be begging you for the recipe.
Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake
Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
Cook Time: 55 MINUTES
Total Time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to the batter and whisk until just combined.
- Add lemon juice and freshly grated lemon zest.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with raspberries and spread evenly. The raspberries should be distributed in a single layer so that they are not too crowded.
- To make the streusel, combine flour, sugar, lemon zest, and butter in a bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes until all the flour is incorporated and the mixture is no longer like sand and more like crumbly dough. Distribute the streusel evenly over the raspberries.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake rest for about 15 minutes then remove springform ring and let cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!