These Simple Biscuits, are buttery and flakey and everything a biscuit should be. Fast and easy to make and just in time for dinner!
Easy Homemade Simple Biscuits
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
FOR THE HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK**
- 2 tablespoons whole / whipping cream
- 9 tablespoons milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
FOR THE BISCUITS
- 1 3/4 cups flour (230 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons very cold butter* (131 grams)
- Pre-heat oven to 425° (215° C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
FOR THE HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK
- In a small bowl add the cream, milk and vinegar, stir to combine, then let sit 5-10 minutes.
FOR THE BISCUITS
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Grate the frozen / very cold butter into the dry ingredients and mix with a fork. Add the buttermilk and stir just until combined. Move to a lightly floured flat surface and gently knead to bring the dough together, approximately 10-12 times (do not over-knead).
- Gently flatten the dough with the palm of your hand into a rectangle shape, fold one end into the middle then fold the other end over the first end (like an envelope). Again gently flatten the dough with the palm of your hand to about 1 inch thick, then cut out 5 circles with a 2 1/2 (6 cm) round cookie cutter. Place biscuits on prepared cookie sheet and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. Brush the warm biscuits with melted butter if desired. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!