Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are made with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, mozzarella, green chiles and a delicious white cream sauce!
Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 10 flour tortillas (taco size)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- salt & pepper & Adobo seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together cooked, shredded chicken with one cup of shredded cheese along with salt, pepper and Adobo seasoning.
- Place chicken mixture into each of the flour tortillas.
- Roll them all up and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don’t let it burn).
- Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you’d like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighly browned and bubbly.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!