This quick and easy coconut curry might be a bit untraditional, but trust us, it’s delicious. Don’t forget to whip up some rice to soak up all that saucy goodness.
Coconut Curry Chicken
YIELDS: 5 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 large shallots, minced
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (13-oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- Juice of ½ lime
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Mint leaves, torn, for serving
- Cilantro leaves, torn, for serving
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large pot or high-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter. When butter is melted, add onion and shallots and cook until tender and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and cook until darkened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and garnish with mint and cilantro. Serve hot with rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!