Easy to make and delicious Easter bunny cupcakes with marshmallow ears and coconut fur!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 105g
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2g
- 1 tsp baking powder 4g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170g, melted
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 15mL
- 1/2 cup sour cream 115g
- 1/2 cup milk 118mL
- 1/2 cup sprinkles optional
For the Buttercream:
- 1 pound unsalted butter 453g, room temperature
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar 880g
- 1/2 cup cream 118mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
For the Assembly:
- 1 tbsp fondant
- 1/2 cup pink sanding sugar 198g
- 12 marshmallows
- 24 chocolate chips small
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut 200g, approximately
For the Cake:
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl then whisk together and set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles at the very end and mix at little as possible.
- Divide the mixture into cupcake papers
- Bake at 340 for about 20 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch. Baking time depends on the size of your cupcakes
For the buttercream:
- Cream the butter then add the sugar a cup at a time and beat well. Mix in cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Ice the cupcakes. I use.d a large round tip but you can also snip the tip off a piping bag
- Roll in coconut
- Cut marshmallows in half diagonally. Dip cut sides in the sanding sugar.
- Roll fondant into small balls. Wet and roll in sanding sugar.
- Place ears, noses and eyes on the cupcakes and serve!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!