All the flavors without the rotisserie.
Crockpot Whole Chicken
YIELDS: 4 – 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 15 MINS
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 whole chicken, neck and giblets removed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grease a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Roll a few small balls of aluminum foil and place in slow cooker, creating a rack for the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, and thyme.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Rub brown sugar mixture all over chicken, then place in slow cooker, breast side up.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours, until the juices between the leg and the thigh run clear or a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165°.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. To crisp up the skin, transfer chicken to a large baking sheet and broil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!