Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a classic breakfast casserole with eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, and cheese, Great for the holidays and a crowd.
Crockpot Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- 1 pound package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage with onion and peppers until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Grease a large 6 quart slow cooker (or bigger) with cooking spray or butter.
- Layer half the hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with half the sausage mixture, bacon, and then cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Pour over hashbrown and sausage layers.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese and cover until melted.
- Serve warm with lots of fresh toppings.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!