Beef & broccoli is one of our favorite takeout dishes, so when we want a lighter take on it, we swap out the beef for boneless skinless chicken breasts.
The sauce, made simply with soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger, is one you will turn to again and again again.
Crock-Pot Chicken & Broccoli
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 5 HOURS 30 MINS
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ketchup, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour over sauce and toss until combined.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through, 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup water and stir mixture into slow cooker to thicken sauce. Add broccoli to slow cooker and cook until tender, 1 hour more.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces, then return to slow cooker and toss until combined.
- Divide cooked rice among four serving containers, then top with chicken and broccoli mixture. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!