Your Crock-Pot has never produced something so delicious.
Crock-Pot Butter Chicken
YIELDS: 6 – 8
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 7 HOURS 15 MINS
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- kosher salt
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- 1 28-oz. can plus 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Naan, for serving
- Cooked basmati rice, for serving
- In the bowl of the Crock-Pot, toss together chicken, onion, garlic, jalapeños, ginger, turmeric, cumin, garam masala and ¾ teaspoon kosher salt. Add Greek yogurt and toss until the chicken mixture is coated. Pour tomatoes on top and stir gently to combine, then dot top with butter.
- Cook on low until the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 hours.
- Turn off heat and uncover Crock-Pot. Stir in heavy cream then season to taste with more salt, if necessary. Garnish with cilantro. Serve warm with naan and rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!