Crock Pot Apple Pudding Cake – Warm apples topped with cinnamon, a fluffy cake with a thick pudding flavored with orange. The batter for the cake goes on the bottom of the crock pot and actually rises up to make a soft, fluffy cake. The pudding portion appears when you scoop out the cake and apples.
Crock Pot Apple Pudding Cake
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter cold
- 1 cup milk
- 4 apples I used Gala Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey or light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour,2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into the mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Stir the milk into the crumbs just until moistened.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 4 or 5 qt crock pot. Spoon the batter into the bottom of the crock pot and spread out evenly. Place the diced apples over the batter evenly.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey,melted butter , remaining sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apples.
- Place a clean kitchen towel over the opening of the crock pot, place the lid on. This keeps condensation from the lid from going into the crock pot. Set the crock pot on high and cook 2 to 3 hours until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!