This Creamy Coconut Cake is a triple coconut treat! Buttery cake is infused with a luscious cream of coconut and condensed milk mixture, then covered in coconut whipped topping and toasted coconut. Heaven!
Creamy Coconut Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 15 ounce package butter or white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 12 ounce container Cool Whip topping , thawed
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together with an electric mixer until blended and thickened, about 1 minute. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, fold together the 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes and Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the condensed milk and cream of coconut.
- Using the end of a small wooden spoon, poke holes about 1-inch apart, all over the top of cake. Drizzle the milk mixture all over the top of the cake, making sure it goes into all the holes. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip mixture over cake.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- You can serve right away, but for optimal flavor let sit in the refrigerator for several hours, ideally overnight.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!