Majorly upgrade chicken breasts with a creamy, Mexican cream sauce.
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 c. chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- cooked white rice
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, then add to skillet and cook through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic to pan. (If the skillet is looking dry, add another tablespoon oil.) Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock, scraping up the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer, then stir in heavy cream, lime juice, and cilantro. Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over each breast.
- Serve chicken over white rice, spooning more sauce over each breast. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!