If you aren’t making creamy soups when the weather cools down, you’re missing the point of autumn.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, 6 minutes. Add chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then add garlic, thyme, and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and whisk until golden, 1 minute. Pour over chicken broth and milk and season with salt and pepper. Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!