These Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels are my most asked for and loved Christmas cookie-dessert! Pie dough wrapped around a rich cranberry & walnut filling. These easy cookies are fun to make and eat!
Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (I use Pillsbury Pie Crust)
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cranberries, walnuts, sugar, and zest in a mixing bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pie crusts into two squares.
- Generously brush the pie crusts with the melted butter.
- Spread the cranberry filling on top of the pie crusts.
- Roll each pie crust into a log.
- Pinch the edges to seal.
- Combine the egg and water in a small bowl and beat until well blended.
- Brush each log with the egg mixture.
- Carefully cut each log into 10 slices. NOTE: If you’re having issues with slicing the log because the dough is too soft, put it in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- Place the slices, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place pinwheels on a cooling rack.
- Spread a teaspoon, or more, of the honey on each pinwheel.
- Let cool before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!