With an easy and delicious homemade filling this Coconut Cream Pie Recipe is super simple, tasty and the perfect pie recipe to add to your dessert table!
Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chilling: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 9 ” refrigerated pie crust or homemade
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbs sugar
- 3 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 Tbs powdered or granulated sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp vanilla
- Toasted coconut optional
- Bake your pie crust according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- In large sauce pan add your milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, egg and egg yolk.
- Continuously whisk over medium high heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, coconut extract and vanilla extract until butter is melted.
- Add in your shredded coconut and whisk again until combined.
- Spread into your cooled pie crust and cover with Saran Wrap making sure the Saran Wrap touches the filling.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to set up.
- To make you whipped cream:
- In bowl add your heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and beat until semi stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of cooled pie and sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!