Giving the traditional pie a spin making it into a creamy and delicious coconut flavored cheesecake.
Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 9 hours 30 minutes
- 1 envelope graham crackers crushed
- 5 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetend coconut
- 6 Tbs butter
- 3 8 oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut diced fine in food processor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 7 oz coconut milk
- 1 tub whipped cream or homemade
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your graham cracker crumbs, sugar and coconut and stir until combined.
- Add in your butter and mix well again.
- Press into a sprayed 9″ spring-form pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden, remove from oven and let sit.
- Lower your oven temp to 325.
- In large bowl add your cream cheese and with hand mixer mix until smooth.
- Add in your sugar, cornstarch, coconut, extracts and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in your egg, mixing well after each addition.
- Lastly add in your coconut milk and blend together.
- Pour into your spring-form pan and place inside a roasting pan and fill halfway with water so its up the sides of your spring-for pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before wrapping in tinfoil and chilling for 8 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake reserving some for piping if deisred.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!