This Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe is dense and buttery. It’s topped simply with a sprinkle of powdered sugar then served with whipped cream and berries.
Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins
- 1 cup butter room temperature, salted or unsalted, your preference
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted and measured correctly
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese (low or fat-free not recommended)
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 extra large eggs or 7 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut pulsed 4 to 5 times in a food processor
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a (10-inch, 12 cup) bundt or tube pan with solid vegetable shortening and sprinkle with sugar (or you can use flour). Alternately, you can use Wilton Cake Release.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat butter, shortening, and sugar together. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Next, add the cream cheese and blend until fluffy. Again stop the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Add eggs alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the sides.
- Blend in the coconut and almond extracts.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 85 to 90 minutes. Test cake with a wooden pick or skewer. Cake is done when dry crumbs or no crumbs come out on pick when inserted into the thickest part of the cake.
- Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes before inverting on serving tray.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!