Three times the coconut gives this Coconut Cream Bundt Cake an amazing coconut flavor. It is sweet and delicious and perfect for Easter parties or dinners.
Coconut Cream Bundt Cake
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 – 3.4 ounce box instant coconut pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
For the Frosting
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rum or coconut extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 bag orange candy melts
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Place the cake mix, dry instant pudding mix, sour cream, extract, eggs, oil, and coconut milk in a mixing bowl. Beat for 1 minute on low speed and 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir the shredded coconut in by hand.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then flip out onto a plate to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, cream of coconut, extract, and salt until creamy. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until completely mixed and light and fluffy.
- Reserve 1/3 cup frosting. Frost the cake with the remaining frosting. Use a piping bag, icing tip 1M, and reserved frosting to make 6 swirls on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with the toasted coconut.
- Melt the orange melts according to the package directions. Dip room temperature strawberries into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper until set.
- Garnish the frosting swirls with the orange strawberries. Place the rest of the strawberries in the center, if desired.
- Keep the cake refrigerated when not serving it. Remove it from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!