Amazing peanut butter protein bars made with simple, healthy ingredients like oats, peanut butter, chia seed, coconut and protein powder. Drizzled with chocolate and a little sea salt.
Coconut & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (just peanuts + salt)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (use coconut palm syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder*
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Optional: 1/3 cup dried tart cherries (or dried fruit of choice)
- Optional: 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling
- Heat peanut butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. Mix together until well combined and smooth, then remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in protein powder until smooth, then fold in oats, dried cherries, chia seeds, and coconut flakes. Place in a 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut in a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. Drizzle over the tops of the bars. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before removing from pan and cutting into 10 bars or squares. Store bars in fridge tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!